2018 El Monte Police Citizen’s AcademyWant to gain insight into how your El Monte Police Department operates? If so, the Citizens' Academy is for you! The El Monte Police Department is now accepting applications for the 2018 fall Citizens' Academy, a 7-week program designed to educate participants on the “how’s” and “whys” of your police department operations and services. The academy offers front-line and behind the scenes information on law enforcement through interactive presentations and tours.
• Provide the community information to gain knowledge of police operations, units, division, procedures, and protocol.
• Develop a partnership between the community and police in order to establish a safer community.
• Motivate the community to proactively help prevent crime to help strengthen police and community relationships.
Topics & Activities Include
• Patrol Operations
• Traffic Division
• Use of Force
• Hostage Negotiations
• Narcotics Enforcement
• Police Communications
• Crisis Negotiations
• Professional Standards Division
• Air Support
• Detective Bureau
• K-9 Unit
• Simulated Shooting Exercises
Attending the Academy
6 classes will be offered from 6:00 P.M.-9:30 P.M., starting September 27 to November 1, 2018. Graduation day is Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 6:30 P.M. at the police administration building, there is NO COST to attend.
To participate, you must be willing to commit to attend at least 5 of the 6 sessions. If you’re interested in attending, please apply today.
Only those applicants who have successfully registered and passed a background check will be permitted to attend. Class size is limited, please apply soon! Please email your completed applications to CitizenAcademy@elmontepd.org or deliver them to the El Monte Police Department front lobby, addressed to Detective Rojas.
Please email CitizenAcademy@elmontepd.org or 626-580-2181 / 626-580-2135.