Dine-Out El Monte
Promotional"Dine-OUt El Monte" brochureTEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING PROGRAM
El Monte has over 300 restaurants representing food from around the world. They are an important part of the business community and contribute to the City’s tax base. On March 17, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all restaurants in California were prohibited from offering dine-in food service. This restriction has created an extreme hardship for restaurants. In an effort to assist local restaurants, the El Monte City Council approved the “Dine-Out El Monte” program, allowing temporary outdoor dining for restaurants and other eateries.
The program includes four types of outdoor dining:
1) Dining on Private Walkways –This includes oversized walkways and other paved areas near the building entrance.
2) Dining on Private Parking Spaces – This could be an option for restaurants located in larger shopping centers.
3) Dining on Public Sidewalks – For restaurants that abut the public right-of-way.
4) Dining on Public Parking Spaces –For restaurants on Main Street in Downtown, where traffic is slower.
Please review the following and follow the instructions to submit an application:•
• Los Angeles County Department of Public Health documents:
• Protocols for On-Site Dining
• Guidance for Outdoor Dining During COVID-19 State Order
• Promotional “Dine-Out El Monte” brochure