The El Monte Police Chaplaincy Corps was established in 1997 when a couple of pastors from the community approached the Department and expressed interest in starting a chaplain’s program.
Currently there are twelve police chaplains now serving with the El Monte Police Department and the community of El Monte.
Services & Responsibilities
Your El Monte Police Chaplains are available to respond to your needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will provide spiritual, emotional, and moral support whenever requested.
The El Monte Police Department Chaplains provide the following services:
- Counsel and give spiritual support to peace officers, their families, and other Department personnel
- Visit sick and injured officers and department personnel at home and in hospitals
- Assist officers in making death notifications
- Provide assistance to victims and witnesses
- Provide spiritual support for prisoners and their families
- Provide services for funerals and weddings as requested
- Offer prayers at special occasions, such as graduations, award ceremonies, and dedications
- Serve as part of the "Area D" Crisis Response Team
- Assist at suicide incidents
- Provide transient and homeless spiritual support
- Ride along with officers and help provide family domestic spiritual counseling